1.Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Redskins: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
Holmgren played it too cute. Skins will ride the lightning.
3. Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Plug-in from day 1.
4. Browns: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, Jim Brown, who cares? It’s a passing league! They may bluff the Dolphins into trading up and still get Richardson at number 8. Holmgren may live to fight another day.
5. Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, DB, LSU
Claiborne and (FA) Wright replace Barber and Talib. Makes sense.
6. Rams: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
Added Free Agent WRs. Pass on Blackmon.
7. Jaguars: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Young QB. Add Dez 2.0 to (FA) Laurent Robinson.
8. Dolphins: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
With Tannehill off the Board, Fish take a QB in the 2nd round. Front office will recycle Moore another season.
9. Panthers: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
DeCastro is a dancing bear. Pro ready. The value of interior offensive line is increasing exponentially with the evolution of DT.
10. Bills: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
High production and high character guy. Kuechly joins Super Mario.
11. Chiefs: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
Cox is a wrecking ball.
12. Seahawks: Nick Perry, DE, USC
The deepest and most talented class in the Draft is DT/DE. More freaks than a circus! Pete returns to his USC roots.
13. Cardinals: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
Great hands and faster than expected. Strong and can stretch the field.
14. Cowboys: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
Can’t find these guys in the 2nd round. Can’t afford these guys in Free Agency.
15. Eagles: Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
No more “dreaming”. Must keep Vick alive if they have any chance at making the playoffs.
16. Jets: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
The value of RB continues to drop. Sparano is old-school. Jets ground and pound.
17. Bengals: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
Beast or bust?
18. Chargers: Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
Top rated edge rusher.
19. Bears: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
Combine monster with questionable tape.
20. Titans: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
Talented with an unblemished resume.
21. Bengals: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Physical corner from a big-time program.
22. Browns Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Limited tape, unlimited upside.
23. Lions: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
Top safety added to an emerging defense.
24. Steelers: Dont’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
Rock solid. Will replace Farrier.
25. Broncos: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
Elway feels secure enough to take a chance on the top cover corner in the draft.
26. Texans: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
Andre Johnson may find the middle a little less crowded.
27. Pats: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
There is an expiration date on Tom Brady.
28. Packers: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Added (FA) Jeff Saturday. Konz can play some G until he takes over at Center.
29. Ravens: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
A building block for a transitioning team.
30. 49ers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
After all the FA signings, Adams lands here by default.
31. Pats: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
Classic tweener drops.
32. Giants: Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois
Trading for Rivers moves Zach Brown down the Giants board. Giants give the edge to Mercilus over Andre Branch and Chandler Jones. Dave Tollefson was a FA loss. Osi and Kiwi’s contracts are up next year. Can’t afford to keep both. The Cap’s a bitch! One caveat, if Stephen Hill is available, he will be the pick.