Monday, March 12, 2012

Chargers Tolbert Sends Sexy & Fanny a Message

By Rich Cimini  - ESPN NY

Chargers RB Mike Tolbert will be an unrestricted free agent, but it doesn't sound like he'll be coming to the Jets anytime soon.

In an interview Monday with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Tolbert said the Jets do too much yapping for his taste. He alluded to the Jets' well-documented problems in the locker room.

Has he been talking to Joe Namath?

Tolbert believes he could be a complement to Shonn Greene, but "at the same time, they do sometimes have that whole media circus thing going on and I’m not the type of person that gets into the whole limelight thing and throwing players under the bus and stuff like that," Tolbert said. "I like letting my play do the talking. I don’t like to do a lot of talking off the field. I like to do it in between the lines. So that’s a place that I would think about but I’m not too sure that I would end up going there."

Tolbert said he doesn't think he'd fit in because he doesn't seek the limelight "and it feels like sometimes some of those guys seek out the limelight just so they can be seen. If that’s their personality, if that’s the way they want to do it, that’s fine, but I’m not that type of guy. To each his own."

He raises an interesting point: You have to wonder if the Jets' reputation will cause free agents to stay away. I'd be willing to bet it was one of the reasons Peyton Manning wanted no part of them. They're trying hard to fix things in the locker room -- and, yeah, some of it probably was blown out of proportion -- but perception is reality in many cases.

No comments: