Monday, February 25, 2013

New York Mets Weekly Update:

By:
Mr. Met (Staff Writer for NFLPROZACH)
 
 
 
 
Spring Training has been underway and here is some of the major storylines:

·        Daniel Murphy has been sidelined with a muscle strain in his right side. Still no update on when Murphy will start getting at bats in Spring Training Games.

·        Ruben Tejada was removed from tonight’s lineup prior to the Met’s 6-4 loss to the Washington Nationals with a strained quadriceps muscle.

·         Lucas Duda will sit out the next couple of Spring Training games according to Terry Collins because his recent wrist injury has sidetracked his preparation at the plate.  According to Collins Duda needs this time to get just to get more work in.

·        Frank Francisco long tossed today with manager Terry Collins and this was his first step towards working his way back since he was shut down early this spring with right elbow inflammation due to surgery that he was unable to properly rehab because of personal problems.

·        During tonight’s SNY telecast of the game Ike Davis is working on a new stance this spring.

·        David Wright will participate in the World Baseball Classic as a member of Team USA.  There has also been a lot of talk about naming Wright captain this Spring.

·        Zach Wheeler has been impressive early this Spring prompting one scout on twitter to compare him to the Nationals Stephen Strasburg claiming that the two have the same stuff.

 
On another note I would like to take this time to talk about how I will work my posts this season:

·        Every Monday I will post a weekly update this will include important injury news and your basic team news ( I will most likely wait for Monday to post anything that is not current breaking news)

·        On Saturday mornings I will post my weekly State of the Mets Address this will include things that I would previously post under my take this last offseason.  Here I will talk about some of my feelings, thoughts, and anything else that as a fan I feel is important about the team.  I will also give my thoughts on the overall direction of the team and of course my favorite play GM.

·        Any breaking news I will do my best to get up right away.

·        I will most likely once the regular season tweet during every Met’s game you guys are welcome to share in my conversation as I enjoy conversing with other fans on twitter. (@MrMetNFLPROZACH)

·        I will also do my best to post my post game reactions after every game.  (I will test this out in the upcoming weeks as I follow Team USA in the WBC)

 

With that being said LETS GO METS!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: