Sunday, December 23, 2012

Are you Kidding Me! Marlins beat writer accuses Piazza of Steriods with NO PROOF!


By Mr. Met
Staff Writer NFL PRO ZACH

Folks this one has got me up in arms as I assume it does with any Mets fan from my generation. First I would like to give a little insight to my daily life the first thing I do every morning when I wake up is check my New York Mets news and it’s not just for this blog I have been doing so for years as I am very passionate about this team and their All-Time great players. 
MIKE PIAZZA

For me when it comes to All-Time great Met position players Mike Piazza is near the top of that list.  So you can assume I find it rather disturbing that when I checked my NFL PROZACH twitter account this morning I saw a tweet from ESPN’s Buster Olney that some Miami Marlins beat reporter said that he would not vote for Mike Piazza not because he didn’t have the numbers of a Hall of Famer but because he felt suspicion that Piazza might have taken steroids.  He then goes on to state that Piazza never failed a drug test and was never mentioned in the Mitchell Report but he was just not ready to vote for him because of suspicion of steroids.  This beat reporter’s name is Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post of West Palm Beach Florida. I for one think this is irresponsible reporting how you can accuse a man of taking steroids and claiming that his statistics and records may or may not be tainted without any evidence.  This is appalling and disgraceful maybe the guy has a vendetta against Piazza from the short time he spent with the Marlins before he was traded to the Mets but that’s very doubtful. Maybe the guy is trying to influence other voters by the headlines I don’t really know, what I do know is that this guy in his article does not offer one bit of evidence for his point.  It’s almost slanderous dare I say, in fact I tweeted Capozzi this on my NFL PROZACH twitter account this morning to give him an opportunity to respond to me and as I suspected this man did not.  I personally am not happy with this article if you want to accuse somebody of wrong doing don’t just say it back it up and as far as I am concerned Mr. Capozzi didn’t.  I encourage you as my readers and fellow Mets fans to tweet Joe Capozzi @joecapMARLINS and demand an explanation if he has evidence present it!
 
 
Follow me on twitter @MrMetNFLPROZACH

No comments: