By Mr. Met
Staff Writer NFL PRO ZACH
It has been no secret that the Mets have been searching for Outfield help this off-season with the current options on the 40 man roster not looking so great what are there options:
- Scott Hairston is reportedly deciding between the Mets and Yankees. It is rumored that he wants a 2 year deal worth around 8 million, however, he is also looking for an opportunity to start which the Mets can obviously provide.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks are reportedly looking to move 1 of their outfielders in particular Justin Upton or Jason Kubel.
- With the signing of Adam LaRoche the Washington Nationals will reportedly shop Outfielder Michael Morse.
- The Mets have been rumored by several reporters to be a possible landing spot for free agent outfielder Michael Bourn.
- The Miami Marlins are reportedly listening to offers on outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
Personally I think the Mets would benefit from acquiring Upton, Stanton, or Morse as they are exactly what the Mets need in an Outfielder right now a right handed power bat. I personally think Upton (as I posted earlier this off-season) would be the best fit for the Mets as he also provides speed. I also think being in the same division would hurt the Mets in any potential deal with the Marlins and Nationals concern Stanton or Morse. However, the question here is are the Mets willing to give up enough talent to bring one of these guys back in a deal. I think for the right price they would, but they will not include top prospects Travis D'Arnaud or Zach Wheeler in a deal. It would be interesting to see if the Mets would consider building a deal around pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard who was the other piece of the RA Dickey deal that netted the Mets catching prospect Travis D'Arnaud in a deal for a big time outfielder.
Follow me on twitter @MrMetNFLPROZACH for more on the Mets and the current state of their team!