Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mets Acquire OF from Oakland A's

By Mr. Met
Staff Writer NFL PRO ZACH

The New York Mets have announced via twitter that they have acquired Oakland Athletics OF Collin Cowgill from the Athletics for minor league infield prospect Jefry Marte. Cowgill is 26 years old and hit .269 in 38 games last year.
My Take:
Collin Cowgill

To me I think this just adds some depth here for the Mets in their OF and is a right handed bat too boot.  I still expect them to look to acquire some more guys here. With that being said Marte is a guy who is most likely blocked given that the Mets are pretty set here at 3rd base with that guy named David Wright. 

It is also important to note that Marte was talked about a lot not as an elite prospect but a guy that could help a club around 3-4 years ago but notice has been said recently now I'm not a scout but that could never be good. With Mets prospect Wilmer Flores also making some noise down in the minors this was probably a good move for the Mets to make to get a guy who bats right handed and if nothing else provides some right handed OF depth to an OF in bad need of it.

Follow me on twitter @MrMetNFLPROZACH

No comments: