By: Mr. Met (Staff Writer for NFL Prozach)
- The Mets (2-1) fell today 2-1 to the San Diego Padres as they could not complete the sweep.
- Dillon Gee had a strong outing today throwing 6.1 innings allowing only 1 run on 3 hits and 3 walks while striking out 3.
- John Buck hit his 2nd homer of the year in the bottom of the 9th inning to cut the Padres lead in half.
- The one glaring thing here to me was Terry Collins decision to go with Jeurys Familia in the 8th inning instead of Brandon Lyon. Lyon was brought in to be the veteran presence in the pen and Familia as mentioned by Ron Darling and Gary Cohen in SNY's telecast of the game is known to have control issues. Darling said he would rather a strike thrower for me its a little more simple at least early on I would rather see the veteran who is paid to be there until somebody else proves that they should take his spot.
- On the offensive side of things Buck as mentioned before hit his 2nd homer of the year and Justin Turner had a 3 hit ballgame as he went 3-4 in his first start of the year. Other than that there were a lot of strike outs today from this lineup which I believe will happen a lot this year. I know its only the first series of the year and its early but Collin Cowgill has looked like more like the player I thought he would be (fringe major league ball player) than what the Mets have sold him on (catalyst at the top of the order).
- The Mets will take on the Miami Marlins tomorrow night at 7:10 PM as Jeremy Hefner will take the mound for the Mets.
Follow me on twitter @MrMetNFLPROZACH